Day 2
We woke up and started prepping for our return to the beach!
I couldn't wait to see that familiar water, sand and sun.
But I needed sunblock.
I ran to good ole Family Dollar which is right in front of our old condo complex.
As I walked over there, I couldn't help but remember how many times I had made this walk.. by myself while Mat was in Iraq, during breaks when I worked from home, during cravings when I was pregnant with Samantha in 2008, and with Samantha in the stroller when she was an itty bitty newborn.
The memories were so so thick.
Incredible how fast time has gone since I've lived here.. seems like yesterday, but at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago. Either way the feeling was wonderful, and I didnt want to leave. ever.
So I'll get all sappy now..
Here's where I'd buy my little bean in my belly some baby stuff when I was a very newly pregnant momma ...
Just walking down the aisles put me right back where we were at the time, in the military, post-Iraq.
Not much has changed at this store!
Andrew was beach ready when I got back.. playing with his $12.00 Airforce One bribery toy we bought early before we stepped foot on our first airline. Little did we know he'd do so well anyways.
And then we hit the short 1 mile drive to the beach.
Heaven.
We were here..
Andrew had to take it all in...
But Little Topsail Native (SJ) was all too familiar with the scene.. she was back to her birthplace.
So he decided to check it out.
He ran and ran towards the water.. and something inside said "he's not gonna stop" ... and he didn't.
He ran right in the water.. and as Daddy was walking him around he insisted on trying to squirm out of our hands... and he plopped face first and went under water..
After that he kept his distance for a while.. ha!
Better I guess that I didn't have to chase him all over kingdom come!
Sass was in her glory.. building castles, playing, swimming..
The big bad ocean got the best of him the first day...he looks scared out of his mind.
We stayed until lunch, then everyone took naps..
And Momma escaped again for some memory walks..
And I got a fabulous beach haircut.
And I passed by our old condo door.. just to take a look...
So many memories behind this door.
We were reunited after Iraq for 13 months here.. We found out we were pregnant here.
We brought SJ home for the first time here. Ahhh our first home.
Yes, everyone took naps...
My boys.. love them.
We tried to head to the beach in the evening to soak it all up..
Sassy was up for it...
Andrew was fading fast...
Too fast.....all the jetlag caught up to the big guy.
We ordered sushi to go from our favorite place in the world Nikki's
Hello Crunch Roll.. How I've missed you so.
Samantha discovered that evening that she loves the movie The Incredibles..
So we watched a little & had some snacks after dinner
We all showered and turned in for the night..
Or everyone else did.. and Andrew and I were up 2 times overnight..





















No comments:
Post a Comment