Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Good Day

Okay, I've been feeling guilty the last week or so, complaining and going on and on about our hard time we've had, etc.. my poor little man. We have had a few VERY good days.. and Im sure they'll be even more frequent and better as time goes by.

Little Brother (as we affectionately call him) has had fewer "freak out" episodes, and we've been able to have a little fun shopping, crafting, cooking, even baking! Ahh how I've missed baking!


Andrew is back on my milk full time, and as you can see he is very satisfied with that...

{lounging after milk time.. }

We've even been spending a little time alone (Andrew) and the other night before bathtime, Samantha and I watched him have a little conversation with his fishies. So cute.

He's starting to coo and talk as he sees more, and can sit for longer periods by himself.. thank you JESUS.. not even a week ago I couldnt even put him down to pee! NO, Really!!!

So as Andrew is exploring his independence, SJ and I squeezed in a craft the other day. A foam Easter bunny kit. It felt so good to spend time with my baby.. She's been a complete angel since brother's arrival, and Im sure it hasnt been easy ... living with a screaming baby, and when he wasnt screaming he was locked onto mommy either nursing or being held/rocked/consoled..

Samantha Jane you are a sweetheart...
Okay.. this is not the kind of baking i'd pick if I had a choice, but I made a little Coconut Bread and I felt better about things.. haha.. I even got an eyebrow wax this week ... woo hoo!! Maybe next week I'll go nuts and get a pedicure!!!!!!!

Of course you understand, Brother isnt letting me totally be free... So I busted out my JellyBean sling, and he stayed put while I made an entire batch of chicken soup from scratch, and my coconut bread.. THANK YOU BROTHER!!!

So it was a good day. And today isnt that bad either. Its naptime as I write this post, and BOTH kids are sound asleep.. so I better get going so I can take advantage and get some things done!

2 comments:

  1. He is too cute! We are slowly getting used to balancing life with two kiddos, though our house would say other wise...it's still a wreck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry poor Andrew has been in pain, but glad it's getting a bit better! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete