Here's a little update on my sweet baby...
So recap, Andrew has been miserable, screams and cries ALL DAY LONG.. we cant put him down for more than 10 min, at MOST, he'd wake up screaming.. he'd scream while I was nursing, during and after.. but still wanted to latch for comfort.
We were without a doubt loosing our minds.. Colic?Gas?Something else more severe?
So I called my dr's again.. and he said I should come in and get some samples of formula to try..
NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR,...
Everyone has their own plan and what works best for their situation and as a mother, but for me, Breastfeeding was ALWAYS the plan... so I had a little breakdown.. okay many breakdowns and many tears yesterday at home, car and at Dr's office.. Bless them for they could see I was a mess.. I literally drove there in my pajamas... and later noticed I didnt even latch up my nursing bra.. so one boob was almost hanging out of my bra the entire time.. nice.. real nice..
But seriously I couldnt pull myself together.. and I was a hot hot mess.. and going on 2 hours at BEST of sleep snippets during our horrible night/morning and afternoon.
But my baby was in pain.. that was obvious.. and I had to come to terms with the fact that my milk just wasnt agreeing with him right now. So the plan is trial and error right now, to see what works for baby.This is what they gave me, and I went home and basically was sobbing the entire time I was giving him a bottle, and whispering to him how sorry I was.. and feeling like such a failure.
But he took only 1.5 ounces.. and slept for 2 hours straight..This was HUGE for us.. seeing as he hasnt slept past 10 minutes for days....
I was thinking... does this stuff really work that fast???
And I guess it did, because he slept pretty good overnight, waking 2 times, and he's been taking good naps all day today..
So Im coming to terms with this stuff, and realizing its whats best for my little peanut right now.
We're taking him for a synthoscan to make sure his belly is ok, and Im pumping and freezing my milk.
The plan is to NOT give up breastfeeding, but to pump and store right now, and re-introduce it to him ... All this is breaking my heart but to see a whole new baby today.. well, its worth it.
So my Boobs are on vacay.... but hopefully not an extended one..
Its been a rough week, but hopefully we can figure out a formula (no pun intended) that works, that involves my breastmilk.
So sorry to hear this. I am glad though that it seems that you've figured out the cause. I hope he continues to get better!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, i know somewhat what you are going through! ust dont look at it like you are a failure, you are doing what is best for your baby, and that is not always necessarily breast milk! don't beat yourself up about it! :) he is precious!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it's a hard decision to make, but you're doing what's best for him-and thats what matters! Hopefully they'll figure some things out for you!
ReplyDelete